Thursday, January 8, 2009

SMALL TALK

The breeze that blows on others doesn't cool us.

I'm tired of hearing my coworkers rehearse other people's success. It's as if they don't have dreams of their own to accomplish. Why? How does praising Tiger prosper them? It doesn't! But at work that's all people do. They'll waste half a day and most of life lauding others. Doing so is okay occasionally. We all need the diversion that others provide. But after awhile it's abnormal, annoying for me.

I don't care how well others are doing when my own life lags. I can't spend their money or respect. I must earn my own. But if I don't set goals I'll fail. I bet these achievers didn't succeed by surveying other people's lives. Instead they set concrete goals and took deliberate steps toward their dreams. They knew that time was too short and life too uncertain to procrastinate. These are the people I admire --dreamers who do-- not cowards who talk. (9/5/00)

No comments:

Post a Comment